About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

January 19, 2016

Another Ice Fishing Festival (Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival)


Years ago, one of my early posts on this blog, was of an ice fishing festival somewhere in Korea (can't recall where nor find it on the blog). I wanted to go back and give it another go since we didn't catch anything back then. So I got my roommate, Yvonne, and a few other friends to have a go at it.



Honestly at first I was unsure. I didn't know if we'd catch anything. A video I looked up on youtube of the festival had 3 guys who ended up with 1 fish. I was wondering if we would have the same fate and should cancel to do something else since the trip wasn't going to be cheap. Good thing we didn't, because we ended up with the maximum allowed amount of fish (3 per person). In total, we ate a hefty 21 fish in one go (Out of which I caught 8). There was a remote "foreigner section" separate from all of the Koreans that was way less crowded and made it much more enjoyable for us. We also made time for sledding afterwards. There were more things that I wanted to do but it was getting late fast and we needed to get back to the bus terminal early unless we were to stand during a 2:40min bus ride back to Seoul.

I decided to make a Vlog out of this because it had been a very long time since I have, and wanted to practice as well as test out a new microphone I got. I was also seeing how far I could push my camera for the mini documentary I will be shooting in Myanmar next month. Hope this is fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment