About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

November 4, 2011

설악산 (Seor-ak-san) Seorak Mountain

I'm really busy with college applications and classes so I'm just posting this to prove that I'm still alive.



So this Monday and Tuesday we went on a field trip to see the fall leaves at Seorak Mountain. Not much mountain climbing going on but still a very nice park to spend the afternoon. Unfortunately we didn't have time to ride that cable car above, but oh well. Next time.


Just look at the color of that tree!


There was also this giant Buddha statue. However I feel my photos didn't do enough justice to it's size. There are more photos though. I'm not posting everything here because I want to have more time to work on some others I liked more, including some panoramas, just been really busy.


My current classmates. (most of them) Country lineup from left to right: China, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan, Guatemala (kinda hehe), Japan, China, Singapore, Japan



We stayed at a hotel by the beach. It was much nicer than the beach at Busan however we were only allowed to be out there for sunrise. Some people went at night but it was actually through the fire escape because we weren't allowed. We kinda get treated like primary school kids here even though a large part of the students are from ages 25-35. But in the end we have the language capability of a primary school kid so one kind of feels like that too.

Then on the way back we stopped at a fancy boat shaped hotel. Really nice view of the beach.

I took a 360 panoramic. 22 photos in total. Click-to-enlarge.
There are a few minor distortions in the horizon, and I had to fix a few chunky spots that resulted from putting so many hand-held shots together but I think the over-all result is good. Of course the original is way bigger (11,500 pixels wide) and that is from stitching pictures at 50% size to avoid my computer's brain to explode.

So I have more things to come whence I find the time to fix them up. College apps is really stressing me out.

Oh yeah, did you notice my new sweater? (: Now I just need a motorcycle...

And here are two photos I took the other day while experimenting with my flash.


Ya I know they're basically the same thing.

So that's what happened this week, in a nutshell. Going to get back to my stuff.
Bye!

6 comments:

  1. I was going to make the comment about the jacket. I really like it. Hope is warm, considering the times coming. Now some matching boots and a matching cafe racer...
    Pictures 9 and 12 aren't showing. I would like to have versions of the pics I can put in our digital pic frame, if you can tell me where/how to get them. You are looking good.

    Ben and I had a conversation two days ago, so, we decided it was better to POSTPONE his visit, due to a series of reasons. Maybe summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, the pics show now, don't know why.

    BTW, on the flash experiment...the zit wash is too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mean it's too obvious because you can see where I corrected it or because there's no way there are no zits on my face? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The splash of white is too harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So 'tis been almost two weeks since your last update (I have grown accustomed to a bimonthly report. Time to see some of those shots of you busting your ars off doing those amazing portfolio drawings...

    Have you gotten the copies of your diplomas, yet? They should've been there already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pictures! sure looks like you are enjoying yourself =)

    ReplyDelete