About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

May 14, 2012

My Home, School, and the World Expo

You know, when I first started slowing down on blogs it was because I was running out of things to blog about. Wasn't doing much, just studying Korean and going out every once-in-a while.
But now, I have lots to blog about but no time!
So lets start with me finally introducing my new home and school...

I'm already quite used-to and comfortable in the place. My neighbor sings too much and too late though, and a few issues here-and-there, but other than that I like having my own place, and a kitchen, so it's worth it.

School, as I mentioned, is way better than before. I can actually bear looking at it now haha. Classes are still difficult, but I'm getting used to it and have slowly started getting closer to my classmates. I'm more looking forward to next year though... when I can choose classes related to my interests. I'm hoping I'll have more time then, hoping I'll be able to handle schoolwork better since it will be (hopefully) in my element.

But moving on, this weekend the Yeosu 2012 World Expo opened in Korea. At first, I wasn't sure what it was. Thought it was just some large Korean event, not the world expo. I mean, what are the chances that the world expo are here when I am? Always wondered when I'd get the chance to see that, didn't think it would be now.
Well it so happens that the Peruvians needed a photographer for their exposition, and someone managing it knows someone who I know, who recommended me. I wasn't sure if I was up for the job at first, it was a little intimidating with the president of Peru and other important people arriving, and I really wasn't up to compete with some equipment-updated pros.

But I took the job.

So I got to go to the world expo before it even opened for this job. Unfortunately that meant I was busy and couldn't see half of it, but I did get to see a few neat expositions, an amazing firework show and a large ring of fire and water!






It was a hard weekend though. Had to chase around the president trying to take good pictures with below-par equipment and difficult conditions. I was probably the laughingstock of the other photographers there and I remember when the president was going to arrive I just wanted the day to be over before it even started. However, I executed, and they were satisfied with the work. I will also be re-hired in the future for other important dates of the expo, and also generously paid (for my experience). I certainly don't want to do that for a living, but for the moment its good income.
Anyway I don't have many photos to show this time around but...






Those lions were made with much detail...
Perhaps too much detail...







Yes, the ceiling is a giant screen.



So Pro...
Beyond that, I still have spring photos I haven't been able to get to, but I get the feeling those will be left behind... Just so much to do lately, still have that music video that is moving at a snails pace, and school hasn't been kind either. Time has been flying by and before I know it, it has already been a month since my last blog even though I feel like I just wrote one. I swear, time has never gone by so quickly for me, but it has been (mostly) great!

3 comments:

  1. Qué risa los gatos de la pared, seguro, el calcetín junto a las cebollas eran parte del embrujo para que no te atacaran. Qué chilera la vista, supongo que en estos meses se puede disfrutar más, o cuando tengás un poco más de tiempo. Suerte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know it's been a month chuck full of activities for you. Thank you for still thinking about us. Your kitchen is actually bigger than what I had when I was in college. My stove was sitting on top of my fridge!. The place seems larger than I imagine. So, is the Jap Rest close to the house or the apt? Man, that piece of TOCINETA at the bottom of your bowl made my mouth water! I was wondering, from all the pics that I had seen, the purpose of that wheel in the middle of the water. Wonder no more, it's a Torito Korean style LOL (the toritos they hace here during processions and such). So, the water bar, any Salvavidas there? Good blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wes hasta ahora pude leer y ver tu blog... que alegre que te va super bien y que te mantenes ocupado..... sinceramente yo me imagine que los apts. en Korea eran mucho mas pequeños, pero que alegre que todo va muy bien.. un abrazote

    ReplyDelete