About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

April 19, 2011

Spring II and more photos.




Oh right. Mistake I must point out. In my last blog, that was not the Beot got, or cherry blossom or Sakura. That was another flower called Mongnyeon (something like that). Still nice. But I got the Beot got now. There are tons of those trees here. Really nice. Unfortunately there are so many people so photographing isn't easy ): Should've arrived early morning.






This is the flower I meant! Really nice. It's such a pity they only last around a week, and it's the very beginning of spring so there isn't even grass yet. I think next year I need to find somewhere outside of Seoul where you can find these with less people around.
Anyway Here are some more random photos. 


 This bulding is inside of Kyung Hee university. We call it Hogwarts because there are all of these ancient European looking buildings here. And they're frikin huge.


 I like this photo.







The first panoramic I uploaded was this same "river". Now I caught it at night. It ain't a panoramic but it's ... cool I guess. Spiced up a bit in photoshop of course to bring out them colors.

So yeah... I feel proud of myself for uploading photos. Did a lot of photographing last weekend. Well not a lot compared to the trip to Huehue but still, enough to put up a few decent shots.

Other interesting things: We discovered a Filipino market. Went with a Filipino friend. They have traditional food there, unfortunately I had just eaten so all I tried were roasted platanos and tamarind candies. The platanos taste just like in Guatemala. The tamarinds just like mexican candy, though better. I'm going back though, because there's this popular food called "Balut" (ok not sure if that's how you write it). Fermented chick in it's egg. Ohhhh must have. They also sell mangoes but they're so expensive and don't look that good... W3500 a piece.

Also, a couple days ago I was buying my favorite street food, the spicy chicken in a cup with ttok and hashbrowns. It's by the subway station near Kyung Hee, owned by a man and his wife. I'd been there before. The man asked where I was from and later said I was handsome. I've gotten quite used to this. My friend who was with me then proceeded to point out that so far, only men have complimented me on my looks, except for the couple of grannies who described my hair as "pretty". I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think.... Not sure if I should be flattered or scared. Haha.

Oh yeah. I changed my hairdo today. Kinda Korean style but only if I actually take the time to style it (NOT). So halfway through the cut I think it looked pretty cool but then the hair dude started spending a long time doing I don't know what and now I have lesbian hair (if I brush it that way). Meh. After about 8 years of the same hairdo I don't really care much about what I got on my head. I said I'd change my hairstyle if I made it to Korea anyway...

And that's all for now!

5 comments:

  1. Querido Wesley:
    ¡Qué hermosas fotografías!
    No sé cuál de todas me guata más, pero si tuviera que escoger, me quedaría con la primera, la del hombre en la banca y de espaldas a usted, la del dibujante, la de las flores blancas (close up), la del niño subiendo la grada y la del saxofonista... en fin, todas son buenísimas.
    Felicitaciones por su talento.
    Le envío un abrazote,
    Miss Castellanos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan las fotos!!
    Sooooooo pretty! Tenia la foto de las flores blancas(la que subiste en tu primer post) como mi desktop background, pero creo que ya es hora de cambiarlo a otra foto! ;)
    Yo tambien quiero flores!! I feel like spring hasnt come to Virginia yet. D:
    Un abrazoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent eye! But, is that you in the first picture? Sure looks like the way you sit. Your tripod, your camera bag. and maybe your purse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad:
    Yeah that's me actually a friend took that photo. That's my new sweater.
    Naeun: you're the second person that told me they used that pic as desktop bg :D so did I hehe. And it's awkward que me escribiste en español!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (: YAY! pretty pretty! hehehe
    i know. it was awkward. from now on, im writing in english >_<

    ReplyDelete