About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

January 9, 2012

Life Updates and Other Stuff

I've been the busiest I have ever been since I came to Korea, and this blog hasn't had much time on my mind. However I feel sick today and really couldn't make it to class so I decided to just take it easy today and rest. I suppose being so busy, stressed and having to run around so much in the cold has gotten to me, but I'll be up and running soon enough.

First I thought I'd put up some mixed footage from Christmas and some food I went to eat with Woori. I hadn't posted it before because they both felt rather unfinished but oh well, if not they will just sit there doing nothing.





The dish we are eating at the end is 해물 찜 (He-mul Jjim) He mul is seafood and Jjim is, well, Jjim. It was good but very much on the pricy side, and to be honest I'm starting to feel rather disappointed with the seafood scene in Korea. I thought I'd be in saltwater creature heaven but I don't know if it's just my background or plain opinion but I think we got much better seafood at the beach in Guatemala. I think the spices they use in Korea are too overpowering (for the most part) for seafood, not letting it bring out it's essence and potential. There are still some good things, and eating live octopus is definitely fun, but I miss a good ol' grilled fish with just some lemon and salt. Well I suppose the dish above would've been much better without the bean sprouts. I thought they'd be noodles but instead it was those big, fat, flavorless bean sprouts like the ones you get in the US. The seafood was fresh though.

Anyway getting on to my life, I have chosen my University. I was accepted to all three I applied to (Hongik and Konkuk for Design and Dongguk for Film) but I decided to stick with Hongik since their curriculum for Design also has Film incorporated. However the problem at hand is now the TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) test. I've been studying every day after class (someting I've never done before), plus with my daily photo blog and having the need to nap everyday since it's so cold, I've had so little time to myself, and honestly without the daily photo blog I'd be going nuts. It has become my daily relief and satisfaction. Also I already feel my photo's have improved a lot as I spend more time trying new things and the pressure of knowing that people out there (and near me) are looking at them makes me try harder and do better, thought it has also taken up a bit of time on my daily schedule (perhaps 2-3 hours a day). With studying, the daily photo, must have afternoon naps and some tutoring my schedule is like sardines in a can. I can't wait for this to be over. I really want to start college and get to the things that I really want to learn. But until then, a hechar penca pues!

2 comments:

  1. En serio eran tamales esos? :O Yo ni comí tamales para navidad, los vine a probar después, cuando regresamos. Y esperaron las 12 y toda la gracia?
    Por cierto, es mala idea ver tu blog cuando tengo hambre :P

    ReplyDelete