About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

January 31, 2012

Photo Dump and Some Snow


So I got out pretty much every day to take a photo for my other blog and sometimes I can't get anything that good, but some days I get more than one photo I'd say would be worth posting, and these all start to pile up in my computer...



So I created a photo dump.

Color


A random underpass tunnel I came across. I took a focused picture but it didn't bring out the colors as much as the blurred one.

Just a random book store we stopped by.

Crammed stores always make an interesting picture.

I liked this because the crab really looks like a spider. Oh how I would like to eat that thing but it's a little out of my pocket's reach right now.






The scene of the crime.


You know by now how much I love photographing old people.

and now

Black and White





I found this photo rather symbolic, the image of a cut-down tree before all of those buildings. Nature that died for the metropolis.

Recycling Duty

Not the same man as above.

Also, it snowed like nuts today.
My friend Danny from Bangladesh was off to E-mart to buy some food, so I took advantage of the situation to check out the snow and stretch my legs. It's funny because just earlier I had lent my umbrella to another friend saying that I probably wouldn't be going out today... seconds later Danny comes and I tell him I'll go with him.


Anyway, TOPIK test has finally passed. I get results on the 9th of February so we'll see if I get to go to college or have to spend another 6 months studying Korean. That said, I move on to intermediate level 2, mid-semester, and it was a little hard to keep up today in class. Our special TOPIK class was revolved around getting a good score, so I focused on memorizing words and writing better (the teacher complimented my writing today) but my speaking hasn't really improved, nor has my use of varied grammar, just my understanding of it(as I prioritized that for the test). It's going to be tough still, though a bit more relaxed than before. I was studying so much... learning another language is a bigger hurl than I thought it would be.

Also if you guys haven't been following my pictures for some reason be sure to check them out here

And if you didn't know you can follow me on facebook now which I'm sure makes everyone's life easier!
https://www.facebook.com/WesDailyPhoto
Be sure to like if you haven't already!
I keep seeing people in Guatemala posting on facebook how cold it is there. I don't wanna hear it! 
Haha

Oh and I almost forgot, a couple of funny restaurant signs:
I bet you all of the chefs there are packing meat ;)


I don't see how "Beer" mixes with "Family restaurant"
I just hope all the waiters didn't go commando though... that would ruin my appetite!


3 comments:

  1. Like the pictures, some in color and some black n white.. hope u did fine on your Topik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes,
    I have been following on a regular basis. Hilarious restaurant signs...your sentiments are the same as mine!!
    Really was taken with the picture in the dump photos of the brick enclosed alley and the bikes outside the wooden door at the end. Just felt good to look at it. Made wonder about the people living there and the bike riders and as if it leads somewhere but nowhere known.
    Also the photo of your friends room, cozy for a cold night...and pizza to boot!!
    Sending positive vibes on the Topik test results!!
    Love ya,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Meatpacking a gay restaurant? lol. You know that hooters is a family joint right? This was a great picture dump! My favorite, the two ladies in b/w. So much to say!

    ReplyDelete