About Me

My photo
Photographer and blogger. I travel when money and time allow and I post when I have something worth sharing.

March 26, 2011

ARIRANG

I didn't get many photos because we had to spend most of the KOICA event in a room waiting to go on stage. I thought this would be some large event with tons of foreigners performing but I have no idea what it was now. It seems we we're the only ones besides some Peruvian musician that was really good. The crowd was a bunch of people that looked like embassadors, and then some kids with blue caps and cellphones taking pics of us. GOD there were so many cameras, the pro type. And video. And after singing ARIRANG and Color Esperanza we had photos taken outside in front of a giant bowl of Bibimbab (kfood) and more photos and video (I had to spend like 3 awkard minutes pretending to observe some mayan-looking relic as they filmed me though I have no idea where that's gonna appear). And outside kids were asking us to take pictures with them. I also got interviewed for the Korean Times but I don't know if I really am gonna appear because it was a short interview and I wasn't really prepared for it because we had no idea whatthehell this event really was... but oh well. It was a lot of awkward fun!
I'm not on my computer right now but someone found some pics taken that day on the internet; I'll post them here next time, though they're really bad resolution.



Anyway, yesterday we had NIIED orientation. I don't know why because they just restated information about the scholarship we already knew (or shoulda known in some cases). But what was interesting was this guy who came to talk to us about Korean culture, brief history and it's relationship with Japan, just so we can understand people a little more. He was pretty good. The rest was OH GOD BORING because the lady talking was worse than a failing CAG student presenting in English class. She was lost. But there were all 100 people from the scholarship so, got to meet lots of cool people. I'm meeting someone from Vietnam tomorrow and I don't know why he seems so much cooler just because he's Vietnamese. Then later I think I'm going biking down the Han River with a Brazilian and some of his friends.

But you know, besides this Brazilian who speaks English very well, I realized all Latin Americans just seem to want to meet/hang out with their own kind, so I don't spend much time with them. They're all really nice, but it seems all very afraid too. Everyone else hangs with everyone else for the most part.
I've met 3 Philippinos. I like Philippinos. First chance I get to travel abroad I think I'm going to the Philippines.
For now I gotta stay in Korea though...
Next Saturday is a meeting between Guatemalan scholars in Korea, with the embassador in the Hilton Millenium Hotel. I bet that's gonna be freakin' scary hotel. But sounds fun. Seems we're getting Guatemalan food, and I was asked to take pictures too. Need to buy batteries for my flash though, because some b!tch checking my bags leaving Guatemala told me I couldn't take them on board. Bullshit! She just wanted them because they're so damn expensive! It's not like if I had a bomb she saved the plane becuse I couldn't put the damn batteries in... well whatever.

I'm in the lobby of a different dorm building right now. Finally get to move to where the pingpong tables are, but the ladies from the Housing Office are out in a meeting so I gotta wait until 3 to get a room.

So I'm blogging out of boredom!
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. "because the lady talking was worse than a failing CAG student presenting in English class" jajajajajajaja

    que divertido sonó todo esto, y a ver qué tal la comida guatemalteca coreana.

    ReplyDelete